Welcome to the Mirah Curzer Photography photo blog

Welcome to Mirah Curzer Photography! I'm a New York photographer shooting everything from portraits to newborns to weddings.

For information about packages and to schedule your session, email me at MirahCurzer@gmail.com.

For more of my work, check out www.MirahCurzerPhotography.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swine Flu on a Plane!

On Tuesday I flew from Israel to New York, so I'm now working in the city. We flew Aerosvit (the Ukranian national airline) because it was cheap, and it turned out to be an interesting flight. About halfway through the flight, the flight attendant started handing out surgical masks. I asked her what was going on, and she said that a passenger was ill with what might be swine flu. So we all wore our masks the rest of the flight, and when the plane landed they didn't let anyone in until they had a doctor confirm that it wasn't swine flu. As public health measures go, it was pretty impressive. But it was definitely inconvenient, and I was not excited about the possibility of being quarantined on a plane with someone carrying a deadly disease. Luckily, everything worked out ok, and I got some great pictures of passengers wearing masks.



No comments: