Welcome to the Mirah Curzer Photography photo blog

Welcome to Mirah Curzer Photography! I'm a New York photographer shooting everything from portraits to newborns to weddings.

For information about packages and to schedule your session, email me at MirahCurzer@gmail.com.

For more of my work, check out www.MirahCurzerPhotography.com.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

City of Gold Series

Just this once, I'm going to bend what I consider to be a very important rule that artists should never try to tell people what their art is about. So here is what this series is about:

Also shot in the old Jerusalem train station with Beth, this series explores the relationship of femininity with religion and cultural identity. By shooting this series in a rundown building with the golden late afternoon light, I was also seeking to contrast the two major stereotypes of Jerusalem - City of Gold and war zone - neither of which is really accurate and neither of which can be understood without the other.


No comments: